[Air-l] Content Analysis software

Steve Mitchell, MA Ed. smitchel at lorainccc.edu
Wed May 14 07:05:33 PDT 2003

Mark,

As a start, you might want to investigate TamsAnalyzer
http://educ.kent.edu/~mweinste/tams/software.html as a vehicle for
qualitative analysis of text-based information.

The application, which runs under Mac OS X is available as a free download
from sites such as http://www.macupdate.com As TAMS works with text-based
documents, procedurally it should be possible to reveal web pages as text
(using a web browser's view|source menu function), saving the page as text,
then using TamsAnalyzer to identify unique and mutually exclusive categories
for content analysis.

Steve
--
Steve Mitchell, MA Ed.
UP Operations & Continuous Improvement Coordinator
smitchel at lorainccc.edu