[Air-l] Final Call for Papers: "The Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Paradigm", Minitrack, HICSS-37 - January 5 - 8, 2004, Hawaii, USA

Kai Fischbach kai.fischbach at whu.edu
Fri May 9 14:58:24 PDT 2003

CALL FOR PAPERS
"The Peer-to-Peer Paradigm" Minitrack

Part of the "Internet and the Digital Economy" Track
at the Thirty-seventh Annual
HAWAI'I INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SYSTEM SCIENCES
on the Big Island of Hawaii
January 5 - 8, 2004

For more information: http://www.whu.edu/ebusiness/hicss-37

This minitrack focuses on the analysis of potentials, challenges, recent
developments and current research issues applying the Peer-to-Peer (P2P)
paradigm. We invite contributions dealing with File Sharing, Grid Computing,
Collaboration, and Instant Messaging. Furthermore we have a strong interest
in papers regarding the intersection of P2P, Mobile and Ubiquitous
Computing.

The minitrack is interdisciplinary in nature. We will invite contributions
from a broad spectrum including information systems, computer science,
economics and management in order to fully incorporate technical as well
economic aspects of P2P. We also invite practitioners that will enrich the
discussions through their experiences with business applications of P2P.

The minitrack will focus on but will not be limited to the following areas:

. Sharing of resources (processing cycles, storage, bandwidth, knowledge,
presence) in P2P networks
. Experiences with real-world implementations
. P2P system architectures
. Interoperability through standards: Web Services, JXTA, Globus, Jabber
. Security and trust: identity management, authentication, accountability,
and reputation
. Incentives for fair sharing of resources in P2P networks, coping with
free-riders
. The intersection of P2P, Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing
. Currency and payment schemes within P2P networks
. Peer-to-Peer business models; economic analysis of P2P electronic business
strategies

IMPORTANT DEADLINES
June 1, 2003     Full papers submitted to Minitrack Chairs. Contact
minitrack chairs for submission instructions.
August 31, 2003  Notice of accepted papers sent to Authors.
October 1, 2003  Accepted manuscripts sent electronically to the publisher.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR PAPER SUBMISSION
1. Contact the Minitrack Chair in advance for specific submission
instructions.
Otherwise, submit an electronic version of the full paper, consisting of no
more than 25 double- spaced pages, including diagrams, directly to the
appropriate Minitrack Chair.  (NOTE: The final paper must be NO MORE THAN 10
pages, double-column, single spaced.)

2. Do not submit the manuscript to more than one Minitrack Chair.  Papers
should contain original material and not be previously published, or
currently submitted for consideration elsewhere.

3. Each paper must have a title page to include title of the paper, full
name of all authors, and complete addresses including affiliation(s),
telephone number(s), and e-mail address(es).

4. The first page of the manuscript should include only the title and a
300-word abstract of the paper.

CONTACT INFORMATION
Detlef Schoder and
Kai Fischbach (primary contact)
WHU, Otto Beisheim Graduate School of Management
Chair of Electronic Business
Burgplatz 2
56179 Vallendar, Germany
Phone: ++49 (0)261 6509 - 234
Fax: ++49 (0)261 6509 - 239
E-Mail: kai.fischbach at whu.edu

For the latest information; visit the HICSS web site at:
http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu

HICSS conferences are devoted to advances in the information, computer, and
system sciences, and encompass developments in both theory and practice.
Invited papers may be theoretical, conceptual, tutorial or descriptive in
nature. Submissions undergo a peer referee process and those selected for
presentation will be published in the Conference Proceedings.  Submissions
must not have been previously published.

CONFERENCE ADMINISTRATION:

Ralph Sprague, Conference Chair
Email:  sprague at hawaii.edu

Sandra Laney, Conference Administrator
Email:  hicss at hawaii.edu

Eileen Dennis, Track Administrator
Email: eidennis at indiana.edu

2004 CONFERENCE VENUE:
Hilton Waikoloa Village (on the Big Island of Hawaii)
425 Waikoloa Beach Drive
Waikoloa, Hawaii 96738
Tel: 1-808-886-1234
Fax: 1-808-886-2900
http://www.hilton.com/hotels/KOAHWHH/index.html?show=all
www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.com

NOTE:  December 1 is the deadline to guarantee hotel room reservation at
conference rate.