[Air-l] surfing - when and who coined the term

Rune Dalgaard runed at imv.au.dk
Mon May 12 06:28:39 PDT 2003

Hi all

A question some might readily know the answer too.

Is it known when and by whom the notion of 'surfing' was introduced to
describe browsing/navigation/information seeking on the web?

I never thought that the concept was particularly fit but I would like to
know its genealogy in the context of the web/hypertext).

Thanks,
Rune

Rune Dalgaard  |  MA, Ph.D. Candidate  |
Information and Media Studies  |  Aarhus University  |  Denmark
runed at imv.au.dk  |  http://www.imv.au.dk/medarbejdere/runed