[Air-l] Rob Kling, rest in peace

Steve Jones sjones at uic.edu
Fri May 16 15:26:28 PDT 2003

It is with heavy heart that I pass along word of Rob Kling's death.
Many of us on air-l knew him, and most, perhaps all, of us knew his
work. Rob was one of the keynote speakers at the first AoIR
conference at Kansas University. His work and his spirit touched many
and he will be greatly missed. My condolences to his family, his
friends and his colleagues. I join you in mourning.

The following was posted on the web site of the School of Library and
Information Science at Indiana University today:

Rob Kling , Professor of Information Systems and Information Science
at the Indiana School of Library and Information Science and Adjunct
Professor of Computer Science at IU, passed away unexpectedly
Thursday morning in the pre-dawn hours of May 15th.  He was 59 years
old.

Rob's SLIS friends and colleagues mourn his loss, and extend our
sympathy to his wife, professor Mitzi Lewison. Arrangements are
pending and we will post more information when it is available.

The url for that site is
http://www.slis.indiana.edu/news/story.php?story_id=640 and it says
more information will be posted soon.

Peace,