[Air-l] surfing - when and who coined the term

Serge Courrier serge.courrier at pobox.com
Tue May 13 02:54:47 PDT 2003

Hi,

The phrase "Surfing the Internet" is coined in march 17, 1992 by Jean Armour
Polly (a.k.a. Net Mom) while under contract to Wilson Library Bulletin to
write a beginner's level article about the Internet :
http://www.netmom.com/about/surfing10.shtml

One of multiple sources : Hobbes' Internet Timeline v6.0
http://www.zakon.org/robert/internet/timeline/

Best regards

Serge Courrier
Computer journalist