[Air-l] Help needed about statistics

Monika Merkes M.Merkes at latrobe.edu.au
Tue May 6 02:25:24 PDT 2003

You can find Australian Census 2001 data on Internet use at the website of
the Australian Bureau of Statistics at http://www.abs.gov.au/
During the week prior to the 2001 Census:

  a.. 7.88 million Australians used a computer at home
  b.. 6.97 million Australians used the Internet
  c.. of those who made a statement about their computer use: 43.7% used a
computer at home (of these, 51.1% were male and 48.9% were female)
  d.. of the people who answered the question about their Internet use,
38.85% used the Internet (51.4% male, 48.6% female)
  e.. nearly half of all households (48.6% or 3,436,287 households) used a
personal computer at home
  f.. over one third of all households (36.1% or 2,550,051 households)
reported using the Internet at home

Monika Merkes
http://member.melbpc.org.au/~monika