[Air-l] surfing - when and who coined the term

Steve Jones sjones at uic.edu
Mon May 12 06:57:09 PDT 2003

I recall a program on the History Channel (U.S. cable TV) from about
2001 that claimed "surfing the Internet" had been coined in 1992 by
someone at the Library of Congress.

If you go to http://www.netmom.com/about/origin.shtml you'll find
some more information sources about the origins of the phrase.

Sj