[Air-l] call for chapters on mobile phones and young people

Nalini Kotamraju nalinik at socrates.berkeley.edu
Tue May 20 04:24:07 PDT 2003

Dr. Nina Wakeford and I ran a workshop at the Annenberg Center for
Communication in October 2002, presenting the results of our research on
mobile phones and the cultural worlds of young people. We presented some of
these findings at AOIR 2002.

We are now in talks with a publisher about a volume on mobile phones and
young people. Before we finalize the proposal, we would like to invite
researchers with recent, empirically-based work in this area to contribute.
We are particularly interested in research that might be considered
innovative, for example, in terms of methodology, areas of the world or
types of people discussed.

If you would like to suggest a chapter for consideration, please send either
one of us an email by JUNE 1 with a few sentences describing your possible
contribution.

Thank you.

Nalini Kotamraju
nalinik at socrates.berkeley.edu