[Air-l] internet linguistic variety citations desired

elijah wright elw at stderr.org
Tue May 6 13:39:59 PDT 2003

> http://www.glreach.com/globstats/index.php3 has great stats on online
> languages. They have English at about 35% of online language at this
> point (no longer a majority, but still a plurality).
>
> They've been tracking this info since 1995 and have summaries of the
> growth of Non-English languages here:
> http://global-reach.biz/globstats/evol.html

mmm hmm.  seen those.  we've chosen not to rely on Global Reach's
statistics or reports because they have a vested interest in providing
statistics that encourage people to... surprise... *BUY MORE STATISTICS*
from them.

independent verification of the arguments being made by the data they
provide really is going to be necessary.

elijah