[Air-l] Request for help on ICTs & STS

Dimitris B. Kalamaras oxy at nicomedia.math.upatras.gr
Tue May 20 09:31:39 PDT 2003

Dear all,

I am a graduate student working on a paper concerning ICTs in Greece in
terms of policy formation and science-technology governance.

I am aware that studies on environmental movements and/or biotechnology
have been concerned with issues such as framing expertise and publics,
forms of participation, the agenda setting role of economic policy,
delimitation of publics, etc.

The difference, as I understand it, between ICTs and environmental and/or
biotechnological issues has been mainly that the latter have usually been
debated in terms of the risk that they potentially encompass, while ICTs
are usually been discussed in terms of the 'progress' they promise.

Does anyone happen to know any studies on ICTs (preferably of the EU
context) that discuss such issues?

Thanks in advance,

Dimitris Kalamaras
graduate student