[Air-l] Sociopranos Update

Socio Admin admin at sociopranos.com
Fri May 30 07:29:20 PDT 2003

Hi everyone,
I realise I am generally a lurker (although a highly interested one) on this
mailing list but that is only because I find I have nought to add to the
already powerful information being passed about. I am a sociologist, and
although my interest lay in the areas of media and the internet as a
research tool I am but a student in this area overall.
Anyway onto the whys and whatnots of this message. I believe there may be a
couple (if not more) of people on this list who became members of the
sociopranos academic forum. This message is both for them and of course may
be of interest to those of you who were blissfully unaware of its prior
existance.
Sociopranos has had to start a fresh, all old membership information has
been lost due to an error during the change over of servers :( Although this
was initially devastating with the loss of over 300+ members (Professors,
Doctors, Lecturers and Students from all over the globe) and thousands of
messages, we have taken the opportunity to replace the old software with
more stable and even better software, which has also resulted in the
addition of a stable real-time chat room (something numerous members had
been asking for to enable real time debate from around the globe) amongst
other new additions.
We are in essence hoping all previous members will take time to re-register
with us (http://www.sociopranos.com/forums/register.asp) and begin to add
their thoughts, ideas etc as they once did.
Any information anyone would like to know about the forum just ask and I'm
happy to help. As I mentioned I realise their were only a few people on this
list who were members prior to the loss of data but this message is also for
all on here who like to take part in other areas of academia perhaps not
touched upon in this particular environment. Sociopranos forum main can be
found at the following link, there is also a FAQ and numerous other links.
http://www.sociopranos.com/forums/category-view.asp
Incidentally if anyone on this list would like their own website to appear
in the database just contact me and I'll add it ASAP.:
Thanks for your time
Angela Simpson
Sociopranos - Society Redefined: All new members welcome!
www.sociopranos.com
Gamedays - For True Gamers: Join Now for Mature Discussion ... most of the
time ;)
www.gamedays.com [Xbox - GCN - PS2 - Everything else!]