[Air-l] Access to online learners.

Helen Scott helen.scott at port.ac.uk
Fri Nov 28 07:12:25 PST 2003

Greetings to All.
But of interest principally to online tutors/learners:

I am a PhD student at the University of Portsmouth, U.K.  I am using the Grounded Theory methodology to research the main issues facing adult online learners and how these issues are resolved. I plan to conduct online interviews with online learners worldwide.

As you may know the research methodology which I am using, looks for patterns across interviews rather than focusing on individuals.  It also allows the substantive area to emerge.  So to begin with I would like interview as many types of adult online learners as I can i.e. studying in different disciplines, countries, educational levels and be they full time or part time students, learning principally online on-campus or @distance.

Please can you help?  I need access to online learners and would be grateful for any help that you can give me in finding online learners who would be prepared to be interviewed.  If you have responsibility for online adult learners and would be prepared to forward a message on to them on my behalf, that would be wonderful.  I would also be very happy to discuss my plans and approach with you in more detail or tailor my approach according to any concerns that, as steward for your learners, you might have. Please also see  http://www.tech.port.ac.uk/staffweb/scotth  for more online contact details.

Regards
Helen Scott
helen.scott at port.ac.uk

Dept. Information Systems & Computer Applications
1-8 Burnaby Terrace
Portsmouth
Hants PO1 3AE
U.K.