[Air-l] recent cyberpunk/Internet culture fiction

Denise N. Rall denrall at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 13:07:52 PST 2003

Michele -

I still think Sylvia Brownrigg's _the metaphysical
touch: a novel_ (1998) deserves a look in.  Easy to
read, talks of the deeper issues, includes a nice
email transcription amongst a group that id's
themselves only as dead poets. No cyberfiction in it
at all. But a nice story of a PhD student who had her
house burn down in Berkeley with all of her PhD stuff
in it. Come to think if it, a bit nightmarish for
those of us writing a thesis. But as I have said here
before: best book on Kant and email that I have ever
read.

Denise

=====
"The distance between here and there is growing; and getting even larger as we speak" (S. S. Hall)
Denise N. Rall, PhD student, School of EnvironSciMgmt, Southern Cross Uni,  Lismore, NSW, 2480 Australia Phone +61-2-6624-8627 Fax +61-2-6624-8637 Office (Tuesdays) (02) 6620 3577 Mob 0438 233 344
http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/rsm/staff/pages/drall/index.html