[Air-l] personal homepages

Gregor Petric gregor.petric at Uni-Lj.si
Tue Nov 25 15:29:12 PST 2003

Hi,

Last year I've conducted a web survey and got app. 34% of internet users (2458 out of total n=7209),
who have their own web site. These are not only people who self-present, but use their personal web
site (=a web site, on the content of which they autonomously decide) for various social reasons, like
cooperation, constructing virtual identity, establishing relationships and expressing their opinion publicly.
I believe you could find the genre of personal home pages and (personal) blogs in the context of these.

Anyhow, I was surprised by the large percentage, so I guess an efficient way to get to the authors would
be by finding them in a web survey of a sample of internet users.

If anybody is interested in discussing these matters, have a look at the paper and contact me.
http://www.uni-lj.si/~fdpetricgr/paper_pws.html

Cheers, Gregor

Gregor Petric, PhD
Assistant Professor