[Air-l] personal homepages

Frank Schaap architext at fragment.nl
Wed Nov 26 01:54:29 PST 2003

Gregor Petric wrote:
> Last year I've conducted a web survey and got app. 34% of internet users
> (2458 out of total n=7209), who have their own web site. These are not
<snip>
> If anybody is interested in discussing these matters, have a look at the
> paper and contact me. http://www.uni-lj.si/~fdpetricgr/paper_pws.html

Did you do a breakdown according to gender?

Most studies about internet use are about "consumption" of certain
"services," but they leave out the question of who "produces" the internet.
In your study, is the category of people who own a personal web site more or
less equally divided between men and women, or is that category rather skewed?

Frank.