[Air-l] Rich Site Summary Technology

elijah wright elw at stderr.org
Sat Nov 29 13:49:40 PST 2003

> If you are using Rich Site Summary (RSS) and know of any relative feeds
> that are not listed at the bottom of this post, please email me to let
> me know. Other than that, the purpose of this post is to inform non-RSS
> users of the benefits of RSS.

http://syndic8.com lists 10,000+ RSS feeds, last time i checked.  likely
more, now.  an interesting sociological experiment that site itself is, by
the way.

> RSS, you can go here: http://www.bloglines.com/. Most RSS programs do
> require Microsoft's .NET to be installed on your computer. You can get
> that from the MS Updates option under your Start button if you use
> Windows.

No, most of them don't require .NET.  Only the dirty hacks do.  ;)
</comment type="snarky"> there are several bazillion (technical term, see)
RSS readers out there - in PHP, perl, python, visual basic, etc etc etc
etc.

RSS is one of my favorite useful bits of technology - I agree with your
promotion of it, but disagree with the scope of what your post covered. =)

elijah