Subject: Re: [Air-l] Rich Site Summary Technology

Chris Williams cwilliam at netdoor.com
Sun Nov 30 09:41:08 PST 2003

You criticized the content that was covered in my post but included none
yourself to rectify what you perceived to be a problem. That was not only
unhelpful, it was nonacademic. And every single rss program I listed in my
post most certainly does require .net to work properly. You not providing
any of your own sources that do not require .net wasn't very helpful. And
your one link, http://syndic8.com , that you included in your reply was
mentioned several times in the tutorials and rss explanations that I also
provided links to. I hope you put a little more effort and consideration
into any further replies regarding this topic. Unlike you, I spent about a
week putting my original post together that you so callously disregarded.

<From: elijah wright <elw at stderr.org>
<"RSS is one of my favorite useful bits of technology - I agree with your
promotion of it, but disagree with the scope of what your post covered."
"o, most of them don't require .NET.  Only the dirty hacks do.">

Chris Williams, Ph.D.
Instructor of Social Sciences
Mississippi Virtual Community College
http://www.msvcc.org