[Air-l] new technologies: diffusion comparison diagram

Dominic Pinto dominic.pinto at ieee.org
Wed Nov 12 04:05:49 PST 2003

catherine middleton wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can someone point me to a downloadable diagram that compares
> diffusion rates for new technologies, e.g. telephone, VCR, internet
> etc? I've seen many versions of this sort of diagram, but can't seem
> to locate one that I can put directly into a powerpoint presentation.
> It doesn't really matter whether the data is North American or from
> elsewhere, it's the overall trendlines I'm interested in.
>
> Any suggestions as to where to find something like this would be most
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> catherine middleton
> cmiddlet at ryerson.ca

I recollect one of the papers I reviewed for Telecoms Policy looked at
diffusion, but
not sure if comparative rates were used.

I also remember an economics paper at TPRC, where adoption rates of
different consumer devices (not quite new technologies, certainly not
since the invention and application of the semi conductor / integrated
circuits)) from the basic telephone onwards.

Naturally I don't have anything to hand - but you might be able
to locate these.

Best wishes

Dominic
--
Dominic Pinto

Independent Adviser
Public & International Policy - Strategy - Regulation - PR - Commercial
Cellphone/GSM Mobile: +44 780 302 8268 Fax: +44 207 379-8341
Friend or Former Student of University of Newcastle upon Tyne?
Join us: See http://www.ncl.ac.uk/alumni