[Air-l] question related to OS and governments

João Martins joao_martins at terra.com.br
Sat Oct 4 17:51:05 PDT 2003

Hello everybody

My name is João Martins and I am a post-graduated student in
Communication (MA),
finishing a thesis about the social dynamics of Gnutella
development. Now, I am working in a project for a doctorate in
social sciences. My intent is to investigate the brasilian government
investiments in Open Source. This scene, in my country, is
becoming every day more clear to me, but I can't say the same
thing about the internacional context of government aid in OS
projects. My question is: did anybody here knows about any article
related to that relantionship in any country?

Best regards

PS - Just to ilustrate this context in Brasil (f anyone becames
curious...): recetlly, the brasilian congress starts a considerable
investiment with the intention of stimulate the use of free software
by a lot of public organs. The actions includes an investimet of R$
6.3 milions (almost US$ 2 milions) in projects related to the concept
of Free Software, besides the creation of a parliamentarian group
related to the free software, during an event called "Free Software
Week in the Legislative".
Did anyone knows about something like this in any other country?

==
João Martins. joao_martins at terra.com.br
Post graduated program in Communication
Fluminense Federal University
Rua Tiradentes, 148, Niterói, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
24510-590. 55-21-2618-3409
Curriculum Vitae
http://genos.cnpq.br:12010/dwlattes/owa/prc_imp_cv_int?f_cod=K4
765634E2