[Air-l] Neil Postman

Steve Jones sjones at uic.edu
Mon Oct 6 20:15:25 PDT 2003

It is with deep sadness that I inform the list of the death of Neil
Postman. Professor of Culture and Communication at New York
University, Postman was a leading figure in media ecology and has
greatly influenced many media scholars across many disciplines. I am
sure that innumerable newspapers and journals will carry well written
obituaries and that I cannot hold a candle to those, so I hope that
it will suffice to say that I mourn his passing and send my
condolences to his family, friends, colleagues, correspondents and
readers.

Sj