[Air-l] Panel Announcement: 'Women's Voices, Religion and ICTs' for IAHR 2005 Tokyo Congress'

Anastasia Karaflogka a.karaflogka at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Oct 24 02:41:18 PDT 2003

Dear AOIR

I am writing to you because I am in the process of putting together a
panel proposal on 'Women's Voices on/in Religious Discourses and
Information Communication Technologies (ICTs)' for the 19th World
Congress of the International Association for the History of Religions
(IAHR) which will be held in Tokyo, Japan, March 24 - 30, 2005.

My area of expertise is religious discourse and ICTs. Currently I am
completing my PhD thesis at the School of Oriental and African Studies
(SOAS), Study of Religions Department, University of London.  My
research addresses issues related to web theory and methodology for
studying existing and emerging religious phenomena on the Web.  I hold
the position of part-time lecturer at SOAS for which I have designed and
will be teaching a new course titled 'Religious Encounters in
Cyberspace'. Additionally I am in the process of contracting with a
publisher for my thesis.