[Air-l] interactivity

Christian Haack christian_haack at hamburg.de
Sun Oct 26 04:27:58 PST 2003

Hello,

I am currently working on my thesis for a Master of Science in digital Media and my focus is on electronic government. For this I am analysing a case in Germany where the planning process has been digitised to a high degree and I am asking, how the interactivity in such a digital environment affects aspects such as transparency, cooperation, efficiency or alienation/depersonalisation.

I am distinguishing three forms of interactivity: human to human, human mediated to human and human to machine.
Whereas for the first two forms I can refer to literature about computer mediated and face to face communication I still need some "food" for human to machine interaction, which is not only dealing with design issues but with implications of the increasing employment of human to machine interactions in work places.
Can anybody help with a good article, book?

Thank you
Christian Haack