[Air-l] RE: Air-l digest, Vol 1 #873 - 7 msgs

Phil Hall phil.hall at elzware.com
Wed Oct 29 08:13:15 PST 2003

Hi Folks,

Just coming out from the Lurk here - have been watching for a few months
after an Anthropologist told me to get involved.  I was trained in
Anthropology to BSc level before going into Computers, which is where my
reason for making a post comes from ...

<snip>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:30:33 -0500
From: Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
To paraphrase suggested that computer folk might have some useful
conversation for the online academics.
<snip>
Elzware deals with Chatterbots - AI interfaces that engage with people in
natural language.  As an Anthropologist I would be interested to know if
anyone is covering the social impact of this technology ...
Anyone close on this ?
Regards,
Phil Hall
www.elzware.com