[Air-l] How to cite blogs?

Ren Reynolds ren at aldermangroup.com
Wed Oct 1 15:15:47 PDT 2003

The problem with blogs is that they do not have a standard format yet.

However a hierarchy is emerging:

URL
- blog title
-- blog subtitle
--- post title
---- post date

Roughly following Harvard style, here is an example of what I have used
in the past, attempting to analogise between the different parts of the
hierarchy had sort of a paper within a journal:

Dibble, J. (2003). 'Scammed! (Saturday, July 05, 2003)', Play Money
Diary of a Dubious Proposition, [Blog], Available at:
www.juliandibbell.com/playmoney/, Date accessed: 03/08/03.

As to ethics of citation, I see blogs just like any other web site, and
hence different from listserves which often have stated quotation rules.

Ren
www.renreynolds.com