[Air-l] paper on the blogosphere

Thomas N. Burg editor at randgaenge.net
Thu Oct 2 09:36:47 PDT 2003

Hi again.

I wanted to bring a paper to your knowledge I wrote recently.

Here is the abstract, the paper is available in German and English, and here the permalink to the blog post http://randgaenge.net/2003/10/01.html#a1948

MonsterMedia  - monstrosity in the face of weblogs
My paper is trying to setup the grounds for researching the newly established blogosphere and the media culture in general in terms of cultural practices vis a vis the new phenomenon. Martijntje Smits theory on how society reacts on new technologies forms the basis of the research on weblogs. Her pragmatic monster-ethics outline social and cultural reaction in view of the emergence of new technologies. My paper elaborates on weblogs, the blogosphere and its practice of linking as new technologies and techniques of content creation that challenge our established public media space.
On the grounds of this outline the discourse within the blogosphere as well outside of it will be researched.

thomas