[Air-l] question related to OS and governments

Joao Martins joaomartinsladeira at bol.com.br
Sat Oct 4 18:03:34 PDT 2003

Hello everybody

My name is João Martins and I am a post-graduated
student in  Communication (MA),
finishing a thesis about the social dynamics of
Gnutella  development. Now, I am working in a project
for a doctorate in  social sciences. My intent is to
investigate the brasilian government  investiments in
Open Source. This scene, in my country, is  becoming
every day more clear to me, but I can't say the same
thing about the internacional context of government aid
in OS  projects. My question is: did anybody here knows
about any article  related to that relantionship in any
country?

Best regards

PS - Just to ilustrate this context in Brasil (f anyone
becames  curious...): recetlly, the brasilian congress
starts a considerable  investiment with the intention of
stimulate the use of free software  by a lot of public
organs. The actions includes an investimet of R$  6.3
milions (almost US$ 2 milions) in projects related to
the concept  of Free Software, besides the creation of a
parliamentarian group  related to the free software,
during an event called "Free Software  Week in the
Legislative".
Did anyone knows about something like this in any other
country?

==
João Martins. joao_martins at terra.com.br
Post graduated program in Communication
Fluminense Federal University
Rua Tiradentes, 148, Niterói, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
24510-590. 55-21-2618-3409
Curriculum Vitae
http://genos.cnpq.br:12010/dwlattes/owa/prc_imp_cv_int?
f_cod=K4 765634E2