[Air-l] AOIR Toronto: last chance to get in on the gala

Rhiannon Bury welshwitch75 at rogers.com
Sun Oct 5 18:21:12 PDT 2003

Dear conference delegates:

We are now just 10 days from the start of AOIR 4: Broadening the Band,
and I wanted to make a final plug for the Saturday night gala, an
evening of fine food, wine and conversation among old and new friends.

The event has now been finalized. After a cocktail hour open to all
delegates, a four course  dinner service will begin at 7pm. I had lunch
at the Hilton's flagship restaurant, Tundra, a few weeks ago and was
very impressed with the food and presentation. We have a vegetarian
option arranged but the Chef can prepare meals for other dietary needs
if notification is given at the time of your ticket purchase.

Local pianist David Burt will play a variety of jazz standards during
the meal.
There was mention of hiring a DJ earlier, but the party animals, oops, I
mean the AOIR exec.members, tell us that people would prefer to make
their own late night entertainment arrangements.The Hilton is but a
short walk west from Toronto's lively nightclub district.

Tickets are $50 US and $75 CDN.

Already registered but feel you must attend this special event? You can
pay in US funds on Kagi.

http://order.kagi.com/cgi-bin/store.cgi?storeID=5WS1&&

You can also send a cheque in US or CDN funds to AOIR Toronto 2003  c/o
School of ITM, Ryerson University, 350 Victoria Street, Toronto, ON M5B
2K3 Canada. Cheques should be made out to AoIR Toronto 2003, and must be
received before October 14th, 2003. There's not much time so those
outside of Canada should use some form of express service.

Unfortunately, the banquet order MUST be placed by Wednesday Oct 15 at
noon, so only a very limited number, if any, tickets will be available
for sale on site. We cannot reserve unpaid tickets.

If you have any further questions or queries, please contact me at this
address or at rbury at wlu.ca.

See you soon!

Rhiannon