[Air-l] Barry Wellman Appointed North American Editor of Information Communication and Society (iCS)

William Dutton William.Dutton at oii.ox.ac.uk
Sun Oct 12 09:45:52 PDT 2003

Dear AoIR Colleagues:

As an editor of Information Communication and Society (iCS), I am delighted
to announce that Professor Barry Wellman of the University of Toronto has
agreed to be our North American Editor.

In addition to being a professor in the Department of Sociology, Barry
Wellman is Director of NetLab at the University of Toronto and International
Coordinator of the International Network for Social Network Analysis. He has
been a central figure in the Association of Internet Researchers, since its
inception, and has been selected as Chair-Elect of the Communication and
Information Technologies section of the American Sociological Association.

Barry Wellman has the academic stature, energy and networks to attract some
of the best scholarship from not only North America but from round the
world. For these and many other reasons, the current editors, Brian Loader
at the University of Teesside and I, look forward to working with Professor
Wellman to ensure the continued success of a truly international journal.

Sincerely,

Bill Dutton
Editor, iCS

Notes:

Information Communication and Society (iCS)
http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/titles/1369118x.html

Professor Barry Wellman
http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~wellman/

Professor William H. Dutton, Director