[Air-l] question related to OS and governments

Randolph Kluver (Assoc Prof) TRKluver at ntu.edu.sg
Sun Oct 5 20:01:21 PDT 2003

João,

In relation to open source and government policy, you should check out Deborah Halbert's chapter on Open source in Asia.com: Asia Encounters the internet (Routledge Curzon).  Extensive legal and policy discussion of the issues developing countries face on this issue.  Also, you should look into China's moves with open source, especially in relationship to Linux.  The government in China is making a very concerted effort to move all government computers to open source computing.

Randolph Kluver
School of Communication and Information
Nanyang Technological University
31 Nanyang Link