[Air-l] Steve Clift and Al-Jazeera

Steven Clift slc at publicus.net
Thu Oct 9 21:15:56 PDT 2003

I did a double take with that subject line!  Thanks.

Say, E-Democracy.Org may have some research opportunities this election
cycle with U.S. election 2004 site.  We are a volunteer-based "lean and
mean" linking machine.

Our new Presidential Launch Pad opened this week. It was featured today on
the top blog http://BoingBoing.Net ... what is interesting about this new
section is that it "unearths" the evolving content and _community_ related
to each presidential candidate.  Try out the "Related" and "Search" link on
the right half of a few candidate pages:

http://www.e-democracy.org/us/2004/president/

In exchange for setting up some decent survey software on our site ("LAMP"
virtual host), we'd be open to some sort of user survey or a mix of surveys
over the course of the election.  We would also be open to measuring the
link out/click traffic throughout the campaign.  It is my sense that the
early campaign stage is probably the most interesting.  If anyone would
like to do research on search engine optimization strategies, we can be
your victim as well. :-)

Also, if you have an election-related project with existing resources that
needs a "brand" to reach an audience, we are open to discussing options.
Finally, if you or any of your students would like to simply get involved
(anywhere in the world) in this or any other E-Democracy.Org project, drop
me a note with your skills and interests:
clift at publicus.net

Thanks,
Steven Clift