[Air-l] AoIR 4.0 - Tribute to Dr. Neil Postman

Alex Kuskis akuskis at ican.net
Tue Oct 14 14:26:52 PDT 2003

You are invited to join members of the Media Ecology
Association who are attending AoIR 4.0 in Toronto
to join them in a tribute to the late Dr. Neil Postman,
which will be hosted by Dr. Paul Levinson, Chair of
Communication & Media Studies at Fordhan University.
Here is a note from Paul Levinson:

AoiR 4.0 conference chair Liss Jeffrey has graciously
asked me to MC an hour-long tribute to Neil Postman
next Saturday -- October 18 -- from 6-7pm.   That's
45 minutes after the  cocktail party starts, and right
before the gala dinner at 7pm.

I hope all of you with an interest in Neil will attend.
The tribute will consist of as many of us as possible
standing up and saying a few or more words about
Neil, and his impact on our work and lives.   There's
no need to decide beforehand if you'd like to speak,
but if you wanted to e-mail me in the few days with
an indication that you'll be attending and speaking,
that would be ok too.

See you next week!

All best wishes,
Paul
www.sff.net/people/paullevinson

PS -- I don't know the room as yet; that will no doubt be
known by the time of the conference.  Flyers announcing
the tribute will be distributed at the conference.