[Air-l] Re: Air-l digest, Vol 1 #863 - 3 msgs

elijah wright elw at stderr.org
Sat Oct 25 07:04:38 PDT 2003

> Could you PLEASE refrain from sending messages in both text and html and
> stick to the basic rule, text or ascii, only unless there is no way to
> escape html! The size of the above quoted digest was roughly triplicated
> by html garbage brought by 2 messages. This is particularly "pleasant"

just yesterday i upgraded mailman (the software that runs air-l) to a more
recent version for another site.

one of the features introduced in newer versions is the automatic
translation of HTML messages to plain text.

after 24 hours of heavy use (IBM Thinkpad mailing list,
thinkpad at stderr.org ) I can say with some certainty that it works very
well and effectively eliminates badly encoded HTML messages sent to the
list at large.  perhaps we can beg the folks hosting AoIR.org to upgrade
Mailman as well?  :)

elijah