[Air-l] Hotel bookings

amartins at indiana.edu amartins at indiana.edu
Wed Sep 3 08:59:56 PDT 2003

Hi Rhiannon,

I'm booked at the Hilton, conf. #:  3164164060 under the name Anna Martinson.

Sorry to learn about the problems getting people to book at the Hilton.  I
never understood until this conference (and even then only too late) that the
reason "special" hotel rates for conferences (which always seemed rather high
to me) are that way because of covering for the conference space.  An obvious
connection but one I failed to make on my own.

Best wishes with conference planning!

       Anna

Quoting Rhiannon Bury <welshwitch75 at rogers.com>:

> I know that there are some AOIR delegates booked at the Hilton who found
> a better rate and booked on their own. I would greatly appreciate it if
> those people could contact me off list asap. It would help us greatly
> with our planning. If you get back to me with your confirmation number
> before 1:30 EDT today (Wed), I'll even enter your name in the draw , to
> be take place later this afternoon. <smile>
>
> Thanks!
>
> Rhiannon

Anna M. Martinson <amartins at indiana.edu>
Doctoral Candidate, Indiana University
Visiting Scholar, Internet Studies Center, University of Minnesota