[Air-l] Illicit Consumption

federico degregor at uga.edu
Thu Sep 18 13:41:07 PDT 2003

Hi everybody,

I am in the beginning stages of conducting a study examining the illicit
consumption of information goods on peer-to-peer networks (i.e. downloading
pirated media). Specifically, I'm looking to develop a model for why and
what people download from P2P networks such as Kazaa and Morpheus.

Does anyone know of a Web site or other source that tracks the usage of such
networks, and perhaps even the percentages of what categories of things are
being downloaded?

I have already amassed quite a large literature looking at illicit
consumption in other contexts (there has n't been that much done on these
P2P networks on the consumers side, at least that I coudl find). If anyone
is interested in that, I'd be more than happy to send it to you
individually.

Cheers,

Federico de Gregorio
Doctoral Candidate
Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication
University of Georgia
Athens, GA 30605-3018