[Air-l] Device/PC Pre/Post Upgrade behaviors

Philip Sidel psidel at iuj.ac.jp
Wed Sep 3 00:05:51 PDT 2003

Hello:

I'm currently in the process of looking for previous/current research
efforts that study the usage behaviors of consumers as they upgrade to a
new PC or wireless device.  Does anyone on this list know of any research
that's been done in this area?

I've already got plenty of information on TAM, Social Cognitive Theory, and
Uses and Gratifications theory.  But I'm specifically trying to understand
if there is a body of research out there that's looked at the changes in
consumer behavior as people upgrade a device or machine.  For example, here
in Japan if someone moves from a 503 series phone to a 505 series phone
from DoCoMo, what usage/behavioral changes occur.

Any feedback or information would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
   Philip