[Air-l] Seeking research on Internet cafes

Robin Cheesman robin at ruc.dk
Sat Sep 6 06:23:52 PDT 2003

Aaron

The recent issue of "New Media & Society" (vol 5, no 3) seems to offer what you want:

Cybercafes: Debating the meaning and significance of internet access in A
Cafe Environment
Sonia Liff University of Warwick, UK and Anne Sofie Laegran Norwegian
University of Science and Technology, Norway

Shaping e-access in the cybercafe: networks, boundaries and heterotopian
innovation
Sonia Liff Warwick Business School, Warwick University, UK and Fred Steward
Brunel Research in Enterprise, Sustainability and Ethics (BRESE), School of
Business and Management, Brunel University, Uxbridge, Middlesex UB8 3PH, UK

Involvement in (the information) society: the Joensuu Community Resource
Centre Netcafe
Johanna Uotinen Karelian Institute, University of Joensuu, Finland

Nerdy, trendy or healthy?: Configuring the internet cafe
Anne Sofie Laegran Department of Geography, NTNU-Dragvoll, Norway and James
Stewart University of Edinburgh, Scotland

The embedding of local culture in global communication: independent internet
cafes in London
Nina Wakeford Department of Sociology, University of Surrey, UK

--

Have a further look here: http://www.sagepub.co.uk/JournalIssue.aspx?pid=105720&jiid=505833

Robin

--
Robin Cheesman
Dept of Communication, Journalism & Computer Science