[Air-l] The death of chat?

Ben Anderson benander at essex.ac.uk
Thu Sep 25 01:03:58 PDT 2003

> emphasized spam and porn as being the reasons for the closing.

Not so much in the UK (although it depends what you mean by 'porn').

Here it is the fear that paedophiles are 'grooming' youngsters for future
abuse. There have been some high profile court cases recently...

See http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3133192.stm
--
Dr Ben Anderson
+44 (0)7710 187 806