[Air-l] arcade games as a political weapon

ren at aldermangroup.com ren at aldermangroup.com
Mon Sep 29 05:05:04 PDT 2003

Fank Thomas wrote:
>But is there anything special to the Internet in these
games?

As with most things Internet, costs of distribution will be
low, reach to target audience could be high, and production
costs could be low (I say could as America's Army is reputed
to have a huge budget).

So I’d say were are talking scale effects. Not sure with
propaganda whether there are any key audience metrics e.g.
you might be able to reach 60%+ of your target group through
the net, are there tilt points due to, say, network effects
which make the adoption of messages that much more
efficient ?

On games as conveyers of messages. I’ve asked around about
whether averages score higher on standard advertising metrics
for reception of brand message etc – however I have not come
across any empirical studies and can think of theoretical
arguments either way.

Ren
www.renreynolds.com