[Air-l] course readings/esp. books

Ed Lamoureux ell at bradley.edu
Mon Sep 15 12:25:56 PDT 2003

I'm starting to work on a 400 level (senior) undergraduate seminar for
the spring focused on non-commercial uses for multimedia.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to use Rich Media Poor Democracy as one
of the texts (the one that "establishes the nature of the problem") . .
.

but I'm not having much luck finding the "and here's what we can do
about it with new media" text for the other side of the equation.

Any suggestions? Our students are very very practical . . . the program
itself is a production major at a comprehensive institution . . . the
students aren't very well positioned for "critical theory." I'm looking
for practical ways to leverage what we do with  web/cd/dvd authoring as
positive contributions to our culture as opposed to only showing
students how to make stuff that works in commercial products and
projects.

thanks for any suggestions.

Edward Lee Lamoureux, Ph. D.
Interim Director, Multimedia Program and New Media Center
Associate Professor, Speech Communication
1501 W. Bradley
Bradley University
Peoria IL  61625
309-677-2378
Editor, Journal of Communication and Religion