[Air-l] U. of Tulsa position

Holly Kruse holly-kruse at utulsa.edu
Fri Sep 26 13:42:52 PDT 2003

This may be of interest to some people in AoIR, and certainly
people with an interest in interactive technologies are
encouraged to apply.  If anyone wants to talk to me about
the department and the position at the conference in Toronto
next month, I'd be more than happy to chat will any people
who want to learn more and perhaps apply.

Holly Kruse

---------

University of Tulsa
Assistant Professor
Organizational Communication

The Faculty of Communication at The University of Tulsa invites
applications for a tenure-track position as assistant professor in
human communication, with a specialization in organizational
communication, beginning August 2004.

The successful candidate must have Ph.D. in hand, a focused research
agenda, and the ability to teach courses in organizational, small
group, and interpersonal communication as well as in our core courses
in communication processes, theory, and research methods.

The Communication Department has a strong liberal arts orientation, with
courses in media studies, political communication, organizational studies,
new technologies, journalism, pr/advertising, and video production; it
serves approximately 100 majors with six full-time and seven adjunct
professors.  We also offer opportunities for new course design,
interdisciplinary teaching, and summer research support.

With more than 4,000 students, The University of Tulsa is a private,
comprehensive university located in the heart of Oklahoma's "Green
Country."  The city of Tulssa supports a remarkable range of cultural,
technological, and economic resources that enrich the university's
educational mission.

Send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, examples of scholarly
work, teaching evaluations, and three letters of recommendation (no
electronic submissions please) to:

Robert Doolittle, Chair
Search Committee
Faculty of Communication
The University of Tulsa
600 South College Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74104-3189

E-mail inquiries to robert-doolittle at utulsa.edu.

Review of applications begins January 5, 2004 and continues until the
position is filled.  The University of Tulsa is an EEO/AA employer.