[Air-l] The death of chat?

J Sternberg netberg at compuserve.com
Wed Sep 24 08:38:19 PDT 2003

With Internet Relay Chat flourishing worldwide since its creation in
1988, as well as the ongoing popularity of AOL's Instant Messenger, it
seems to me that chat won't be dying out any time soon. Although I don't
know of any definitive statistics, my impression is that compared to
systems such as IRC and AIM, MSN chat has been just a drop in the bucket.

Janet Sternberg, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Communication and Media Studies
Fordham University