[Air-l] Web site research studies

Irene Berkowitz irene.berkowitz at temple.edu
Thu Apr 15 08:42:58 PDT 2004

Gail,

It's a bit hard to understand from this brief description
what you are trying to do with the information that you are
collecting, but that being said, maybe this is helpful:

If you are doing content analysis, a number of studies have
been done using automated content analysis software and you
might look under that title.  It sounds like you could also
be possibly using a process called Knowledge Discovery in
Databases "kdd" or wanting to use data mining techniques.  In
which case you might want to look to the Information
Technology literature.

Have you talked to the methodologist on your committee about
this? There are very likely people around the University
using like methodologies, but I am not really sure about
explained what you are trying to do, so I am making a leap of
faith that this is what you are talking about and perhaps
aren't familiar with these terms.  If I am off base, my
apologies.