[Air-l] disability

Karla Saari Kitalong kitalong at pegasus.cc.ucf.edu
Sat Apr 10 12:06:08 PDT 2004

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Venkat Rao wrote:

> I am looking for information, websites, technologies,
> studies etc on disability issue in the context of new
> technologies.

Please check out the Society for Technical Communication's AccessAbility
SIG at http://www.stcsig.org/sn/ . Here's a paragraph that describes their
mission.

The mission of the Society for Technical Communication's AccessAbility SIG
is threefold: (1) provide resources, information, and support to technical
communicators with accessibility needs; (2) provide resources that will
help technical communicators make the products they create accessible to
end users with accessibility needs; (3) provide strategic leadership in
both areas through positive initiatives and open communication, both
inside and outside of the Society.

Hope this helps.

kk

  Karla Saari Kitalong, PhD       U. of Central Florida
  kitalong at pegasus.cc.ucf.edu     karla at kitalong.net
  Voice 407-823-6257              Fax 775-665-7949
  I've seen how you can't learn anything when you're
  trying to look like the smartest person in the room.
          -- Barbara Kingsolver, The Poisonwood Bible