[Air-l] update on digital recording and transcribing

Mark Warschauer markw at uci.edu
Mon Apr 19 10:22:04 PDT 2004

A while back, I asked people how they transcribed digital recordings.
That led to a discussion of digital voice recorders as well.

Here's the system I purchased:

Olympus DS-660 Digital Voice Recorder
(About $200, comes with DSS Player Pro Software)

Olympus Foot Switch, RS-23
(about $60, allows for foot control for controlling playback and
recording, to facilitate transcribing)

I'm sure there are less expensive solutions, but this one has worked
fine for us.

Note that DSS Player Pro software only works on Windows.  Another
version is included, DSS Player, which works on Macs.  It lacks a
couple of features but it does the job.
Mark

--
Mark Warschauer