[Air-l] the september project: invitation to get involved

Maximilian Forte mcforte at kacike.org
Mon Apr 12 18:35:34 PDT 2004

There is a lot that is being left unsaid in this message. Though I do not
doubt the good intentions of those behind the project, some elements of the
message are very provocative. In particular, this one:

"Our goal is to foster a tradition for citizens around the world to
recognize and give meaning to September 11th."

I would say that some of us have had *quite enough* of 9-11 already. I also
don't understand how a project framed in terms of US patriotism is going to
take on "international" value--without reading something sinister into this
intention. I think that your aims for internationalization need some
critical revision.

Maximilian C. Forte