[Air-l] About Internet Studies and PhD in the USA

Peder Are Jensen pajensen75 at yahoo.no
Thu Aug 5 13:39:06 PDT 2004

I notice there is a discussion going on about Digital
Media Studies and PhDs. My name is Peder Jensen. I am
currently completing a Master in Science and
Technology Studies at the University of Oslo, Norway.
The topic of my Master thesis is the Internet,
Censorship and Free Speech in the Islamic Republic of
Iran, with a special emphasis on weblogs. I intend to
pursue a PhD in the USA on roughly the same topic,
about Free Speech in Cyberspace in Islamic and Middle
Eastern countries, and possible religious and
political implications of this. Does anybody know if
there are Universities in the USA that have
established programs or advanced research going on in
this field? It is hard to find, as the subject of
Internet Censorship is still pretty recent. I would be
grateful for any information about this.

Yours sincerely, Mr. Peder Jensen.