[Air-l] Tutorial: How to unsubscribe from air-l

elijah wright elw at stderr.org
Tue Aug 17 06:12:18 PDT 2004

>> one key point of communicating with the list is that you have to send
>> from an email that is subscribed to the list, it has to be a perfect
>> match, or the list software will discard it.
>
> Of course, unfortunately, this setting makes it impossible to use
> aliases for this list, unless you're okay with not ever posting
> anything.

hotmail/gmail accounts are free and semi-anonymous.  many other email
accounts are also free.

I don't see any way in which your inability to send mail from an
unsubscribed email address is limiting you *at all*.  the list benefits
far more than you suffer.  :)

if you're really concerned about using an alias, find your nearest
convenient mixmaster proxy and have your mail to the list anonymized.

elijah