[Air-l] Word Limits on Submissions

Ulla Bunz bunz at scils.rutgers.edu
Tue Aug 17 19:28:35 PDT 2004

Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of AoIR we've generally encouraged people to
follow their own discipline's general guidelines. For example, in communication this
would mean about 25-30 double spaced pages of text max (plus references, etc.).
However, from past years I know that some disciplines don't even expect full-length
papers at the time of the conference. As a matter of fact, I remember some people
being upset because another person only had presentation notes and not a full-length
paper, while that person was upset that someone would demand a full paper at that
point...
Obviously it would be preferable if you had a paper, not just notes, because that
way it can be shared with others. However, as I said above, try to do the best work
possible according to your discipline's guidelines.
As to length of papers for the annual - I don't know.
Ulla