[Air-l] screening out spam

Denise N. Rall denrall at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 18 21:54:24 PDT 2004

Well I do it like this:

spam filter on our server does trap a few spams, then
I forward my mail automatically from that server to my
Yahoo account (that I pay for).  The yahoo address
doesn't do anything for my academic profile but it's a
much better spam filter than the one they have on the
server.

So I have layered spam filters in this way. I have to
say Yahoo has impressed me. I do have to train it a
bit. It sometimes puts AoIR messages in the Bulk
folder so I haven't trained it too well.

Only two spammers I have to block their messages more
than once  - and that's in the last 4 years. For
$25/year US it's well worth it.

Cheers, Denise

=====
Denise N. Rall, PhD candidate, School of Environ. Science,
Southern Cross University, Lismore NSW 2480 - Mobile 0438 233 344
Sustainable Forestry Mentoring Coordinator & Casual academic
Coastal Resource Management - Ph-Off (02)6620 3789 Hours: M 1-4:30 Presenting! Assoc. of Internet Researchers 5.0, Sussex University
http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/rsm/staff/pages/drall/index.html