[Air-l] Call for papers: Special issue on "Patriotic Information Systems" (fwd)

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Wed Dec 1 14:22:19 PST 2004

fyi

 Barry

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 09:50:06 -0500
From: G. David Garson <Garson at social.chass.ncsu.edu>
To: Contributors.to.Dekker.Handbook.of.Public.Information.2e at Ag.arizona.edu,
     Authors.contributing.to at chass.utoronto.ca,
     "Digital Government"@Ag.arizona.edu,
     "Social Science Computing Interest Lists"@Ag.arizona.edu,

    Past.Contributors/Correspondents.for.the.Social.Science.Computer.Review at Ag.a
    rizona.edu
Subject: Call for papers: Special issue on "Patriotic Information Systems"

CALL FOR PAPERS

We at  the "Social Science Computer Review" are putting together a
timely special issue on "Patriotic Information Systems," treating the
intersection of the Patriot Act and related legislation,
dataveillance and efforts to control information, and the effect on
journalism, law, and civil liberties. We are soliciting proposals
immediately and hope to receive manuscripts by May 10, in the range
of 12 to 40 double spaced pages. While we have lined up a number of
exciting contributions, we do wish additional participation.

If you wish to view information about our journal, which is now in
its third decade of publication, the website is
http://www.sagepub.com/journal.aspx?pid=198. There is also an
auxiliary website, with an author's guide and other materials at
http://hcl.chass.ncsu.edu/sscore/sscore.htm.

If you are interested in participating in this special issue, please
contact me at david_garson at ncsu.edu. Please put the term "Patriotic
Information Systems" in your subject: line. Please note we are not
soliciting general overview essays.

G. David Garson
Editor, SSCORE

=